Monday, August 26, 2013

Chicken fried rice


CHICKEN FRIED RICE



This is my version of Chicken Fried rice :-) I must say it is Instant and easy Fried rice.Most of the ingredients are always there at home.
To start with
1) Saute
-Two springs of green onion or spring onion
-One spoon of minced ginger and garlic
-one cup of finely chopped carrot and cabbage
-one cup of shredded chicken pieces (I poached chicken in some water , I also use chicken stock sometimes )
-salt and pepper
-one spoon of soy sauce
-one pinch of onion powder(optional)

2) Stir fry this mixture together for few minutes and add in
-One and a half cup of boiled white rice.
(I used basmathi long grain rice-soaked it for 10 minutes and boiled it in water for 10 minutes and drained it)U can also use left over rice.
-Mix the rice with the sauteed mixture.

3) Now comes my secret part;) add in
- two spoons of chicken stock(i used the stock i boiled the chicken in)
-stir fry and add in one egg and mix all together.add in some more salt according to taste.
- when you serve,cut in a spring onion on top to garnish.

This might not be very authentic but it tastes so good that, you will be making it again and again, like I do:-)
It's a meal on its own and is great with tomato sauce!!




4 comments: